Terms and Conditions of Business
Legal framework applying to the users of Cooori.
Cooori is a language learning software offering online language lessons, with vocabularies uploaded from some of the most popular textbooks. The following are our terms and conditions.
We offer online Japanese lessons, with vocabularies uploaded from some of the most popular textbooks like Genki Vol. 1 and 2 and Minna No Nihongo. We also have a special focus on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test with vocabularies tailored towards the tests and its test takers. The following are our terms and conditions.
By clicking "Yes, I accept these Terms & Conditions" on this Website and/or registering with Cooori you are accepting the T&C in full.
If you do not accept the T&C in full, you must leave this Website and stop using Cooori's software.
- These T&C apply to all users of Cooori services and software, both to free services as well as services rendered against payment.
- Cooori reserves the right to modify these T&C at any time and without indicating the reason for such modification. The modified T&C shall be sent to you two weeks in advance by email. By continuing to use this Website and the services provided by Cooori on this Website after two weeks have passed from the date on which you were sent the modified T&C you are accepting the T&C as modified.
If you object to the modified T&C, Cooori may close your account on the effective date of the modified T&C and you should stop using Cooori's services and software.
- Cooori reserves the right, at any time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue this Website with or without notice; limit this Website’s availability to any person, geographic area we choose; charge fees in connection with the use of this website; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with this Website; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of this Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will not be charged any fees unless you have given your consent in relation thereto after having received a notification from Cooori that it intends to start charging such fees. As a user you agree that neither we nor any affiliated entity shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Website, in whole or in part, or of any service, software, content, submission, feature or product offered through this Website. Your continued use of this Website after such changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
- You may only register on this Website once. You are obligated to provide Cooori with complete and truthful information in the sections provided on the registration form. Once you have completed and sent the registration form and accepted the T&C you will have entered into a contract with Cooori on terms set out in the T&C (a "Standard Contract"). An automatic verification and confirmation will be sent by email.
- Registration is free of charge to you.
- Cooori may from time to time offer trial services or functions, which may be free to some or all users.
- Once you have registered you may subscribe to the services provided by Cooori through this Website. If you subscribe to any of Cooori's services you will be required to enter into a standard contract which will, in addition to the T&C, govern the provision of the services and payment for the services rendered.
Contract and Billing
- Following registration and the entry into force of the Standard Contract you will have access to a free version of the services provided by Cooori through this Website, with access to a limited vocabulary. The Standard Contract does not expire and you can access your account at this Website at any given time.
- You can purchase a premium monthly subscription to get access to Cooori's vast proprietary language databases by entering into a contract with Cooori in relation thereto, which will be in addition to the Standard Contract (a "Premium Subscription"). The Premium Subscription is made for an indefinite time but with a specific minimum term (a month). Each invoice will be sent electronically via e-mail and shall be in an amount equal to the monthly subscription price for the Premium Subscription and shall be due and payable in advance on the first day of each month.
- On-off offers (coupons) may be available from time to time. They can be limited in time and provided that you decide to accept such an offer it will enter into effect at beginning of the next month from date the order was made. When such an offer expires the subscription will automatically return to the Premium Subscription.
- All subscriptions can be cancelled through the cancellation process in your "My Profile" section of this Website. Provided that the cancellation is made at least two days prior to the end of the relevant month, the cancellation will be effective as of the end of the last day of that month. If the cancellation is made when there are less than two days remaining of the relevant month. The cancellation shall be effective as of the end of the last day of the following month thereafter. You will be notified by email that your subscription has been cancelled.
- Upon cancellation of a Premium Subscription your data will not be affected. However your access will limit to the Standard Contract terms. If you subsequently re-subscribe to a Premium Subscription, all previous data and settings become available again.
- Cooori has the right to cancel any of your subscriptions at any time without giving reasons. The cancellation will however not become effective until at the end of the relevant month for which you have already paid the subscription price.
- Available payment methods are listed in your "My Profile" section of this Website.
Accessibility and Content
- Cooori uses state of the art technology to run and operate its services. However Cooori does not guarantee uninterrupted access to its services on the Website and shall not be liable for service outages. Cooori web services are built using technology, which is currently commonly used for such purposes. To be able to make full use of Cooori's services you must also use commonly used technologies i.e. up-to-date browsers, Java Script, Cookies Pop-ups etc.
- If you want all of your records removed from the Cooori data system, a written request in relation thereto shall be made via email or to mailing address listed on this Website.
Links to and from other Websites
- Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. Cooori has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. Cooori therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- While Cooori attempts to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, Cooori does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. Cooori may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and Cooori makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on this Website is provided "as is" and "as possibly available", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Cooori provides you with the service through the Website on the basis that Cooori excludes all representations, warranties (either express or implied), conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these T&C might have effect in relation to this Website.
- Cooori, and any of the Cooori affiliated companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, shall be excluded from all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort, contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website. If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
Copyrights, Trademarks Rights, Property Rights and Rights to the Use of Names
- All content, texts, images, videos, software and other work created by Cooori and distributed within this Website are protected by copyright, unless it is the matter of works under creative commons license. Cooori reserves the right to prosecute any unauthorised use, by complete or partial piracy, publication as well as reproduction or presentation of these contents or portions thereof.
- The Cooori logo and the company name Cooori are legally protected. Their use and the use of Cooori’s trademarks require the written consent of Cooori.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The T&C shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Iceland. Any purported claims against Cooori arising out of or connected with the T&C, the services provided through the Website or a Premium Subscription shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Iceland. Cooori shall have the right to initiate court proceedings against you for non-payment, violation of copyrights, trademark rights or any other breach your contractual obligations towards Cooori before any court of competent jurisdiction, as Cooori may deem fit, including but not limited to the courts of Iceland or the courts of your home jurisdiction.
- Entire Agreement. The T&C, as well as the terms of any subscriptions you might purchase, e.g. a Premium Subscription, constitute the entire agreement between you and Cooori and govern your use of the Cooori services provided through the Website.
- Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of Cooori to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the T&C, or terms of purchased subscriptions, shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the T&C or terms and conditions of purchased subscriptions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the T&C or terms of any subscriptions remain in full force and effect.
Download a copy of Cooori's Terms and Conditions here.